Monday, September 15, 2014

Pad Thai (Raw/Vegan/Grain Free)

Thai food is one of my favorite types of cuisine, if not my favorite. The complexity of flavors, and the combinations of sweet and spicy are absolutely delectable in every way. Pad Thai is the pinnacle of Thai food for me, and mastering it is an art form. Traditionally Pad Thai is eaten as a street food, served sweet and slightly salty, and with only a touch of spice. It's made with soaked rice noodles which are stir fried with eggs, tofu, and tamarind paste, that's the basic gist, but there are other variations.

I actually wasn't intending to add this recipe to the blog quite yet, since I had been playing around with recipes for quite awhile. But I tweaked some of my old recipes, and made what I think is my best attempt yet, and so many people have already asked for it that I figured why not just write it up so anyone can try it? I do apologize because I only took one photo the night I made this, since I wasn't initially intending to post this recipe. I'll most likely be making this dish again very soon, so I will update with more photo's as soon as I do.


Pad Thai

Serves 1-2
Ingredients:
- 2 Zucchini
- 2 Carrots
- 1/2 small head Red Cabbage
- 6 stalks Scallions
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup Alfalfa Sprouts (or whichever sprouts you prefer)
- 1/2 cup Raw Almond Butter (I prefer crunchy)
- 1 Orange
- 2 Limes
- 2 Tbsp. Raw Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh Ginger
- 2 Tbsp. Nama Shoyu, Coconut Aminos, or Tamari

Method:
- Spiralize, or Julienne your zucchini. Julienne carrots, dice bell pepper & scallions, thinly slice red cabbage, and set aside.
- Mince ginger.
- In a bowl mix together your almond butter, juice from orange and limes, Nama Shoyu, honey, and minced ginger.
- Toss all of your veggies and sprouts with your sauce, and serve.



No comments:

Post a Comment